Sunday, September 10, 2006

TO BLOG OR NOT TO BLOG...TUNE LIVE INTO MY THOUGHT STREAM

'Ok, so the war is over... sort of...
So, should I keep this blogging habit of mine?
A side of me tells me: it started with the war, so it is only fitting that it should end with it.
I also think: the blogging takes too much time away from my research (I just put this sentence here in case my advisor ever stumbles across this blog, which is not very likely)
No, seriously, it is a big time investment... is it worth it?
Maybe I should wait til the next war inevitably shows its ugly head, to start again...
I am lost.
I mainly started to keep sane, to exorcise the destructive feelings I experienced during the war. So, what's the point in continuing now?
Plus, what would I write about? Wars? Death? Love? Life? Research? Science? Enlightenment? And who would read it besides the few faithful visitors?
Screw this shit. Hit the save as draft button. U'll publish ur ramblings later. Go to sleep.'

7 Comments:

Blogger FZ said...

633 visitors so far. and of course you should keep blogging! :)

09:12  
Blogger Claudine said...

I find myself at loss as to what to write too, I stare at my blank screen feeling tired and uninspired, ur sharing ur dilemma :) that's writing too. I think u'll always have sthg to share even when it is an expressive silence :). What's ur research about?

11:35  
Blogger Unknown said...

write about all these things.
don't stop you have so much to share, some will be good for you, some might affect others. you already have regular readers and that's something. we both know it doesn't take that much time.. and we both know research doesn't.. that's what i tell myself so here.

15:56  
Blogger gitanes legeres said...

blog. don't stop now.
(and no war anymore..)

18:44  
Blogger Ostfen said...

Thanks Fz:)
Claudine, I think me and you are on a similar sort of path:)
I'm a doctoral student in Molecular Genetics. My research is broadly related to Cancer and neurological diseases.
Mirvat, thanks:) We both know research doesn't? Come on! Sounds like u are convincing urself.
Gitanes, I will:) Hopefully no more wars.

22:14  
Blogger Unknown said...

i told you amrad!

08:24  
Blogger penultimo said...

NPlus, what would I write about? Wars?..Now is right time!Death?I hoope no for nobody else. Love? A lot! Life?Allways! Research?Of course. Science?Why not?Enlightenment? I really don't know. And who would read it besides the few faithful visitors?All.. if You trust in that You do!
Screw these asks and so go on! little brother,

12:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home