Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A RELATIVISTIC APPROACH TO LOVE THY NEIGHBOR



Today, i received in my mailbox this notification that a convicted sex offender was living in the appartment building right next to mine. Apparently, Ohio law stipulates that you should be informed about any sex offenders living in your neighborhood, for your own protection. My first thought went to my girlfriend who often parks her car and comes to visit me in the evening. Then I thought: Man, who do you think is better off, her, here, living next to a sex offender or her parents and mine back in Lebanon, living next to Israel?
And then I thanked my lucky stars and stopped fearing my neighbour on West 8th.

7 Comments:

Blogger Łucid said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

08:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Good one.

09:09  
Blogger Laila K said...

:)

bass inno ntibho dakheelak mish na2esna

09:16  
Blogger Ostfen said...

chu awlik bichtrila pepper spray?

16:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Syria is not perfect either

17:17  
Blogger Unknown said...

eh 3anjad ntebho. pepper spray? that doesn't do it, get one of those electrical things.

you know what i think about the palestinians, mish next to a sex offender but being raped, all the time, by israel.
i don't know, i can't get over palestine and iraq. us first of course, to the point where i'm paralyzed with sadness but i can't keep the issues seperate anymore.
it's like you identify with the other victims.

18:11  
Blogger Ostfen said...

Don't worry M, at least we can deal with this thing while people back home are totally helpless.
I pray our political leaders will not let the situation degenerate into escalation.

21:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home