Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A 9.2 QUAKE HITS MY BELIEF SYSTEM...


The process of growing up tends to reinforce in our psyche certain beliefs that come to be taken for gospel. However, events outside of our control shatter our worldview and our conceptualization of what surrounds us and the rules by which the universe abides.
The war on Lebanon has been such a shattering experience to me, and has hit me deep, very deep within my belief system. At stake is The Rose (more on that later), and a few of those beliefs I have had for most of my life:
1- Human beings are fundamentally good
2- What drives most people is the pursuit of lofty ideals and not materialistic aspirations
3- All people are alike and equal and have the same inalienable right to pursue happiness

We engage in games of blaming each other while children die on all sides, and all those pretending to care really don't. I look at the monsters on TV and curse them everyday. Tonight, I had a dream. I was looking at a mirror and I saw myself as a monster in it... I screamed silently... Then I cursed myself.
Humanity is losing its appeal at a hallucinating speed, and I understand what God must have felt when he decided to flood our planet. I pray for another one (flood) every night, and that not one of us will survive to perpetuate our monstruosity.
Amen

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the flood will come eventually, the question is will there be a ship to save the righteous

12:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No...you are not the monster...c'est la haine...Et la rancune...That's what you're seeing in the mirror...I found this quote from a song i never heard before (by Sylvain Cossette):
"Elle attire dans son lit
Et retient tel un vampire
Une morsure
Et l'amertume coule dans les veines
Rancune
Oublier...
Effacer...
Avancer...
Ignorer...
Liberer..."
don't let the monster win...fight, FIGHT!!!
Na

15:17  
Blogger Ghassan said...

I hear you, my friend..
(La rose... le petit prince?)

19:30  
Blogger Ostfen said...

Don't worry Na, I will. Thanks for ur nice words.
Gus, something like that but not quite:)

08:00  
Blogger Ostfen said...

Thanks Klara:)
Welcome.

14:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home