Thursday, August 17, 2006

EMPATHIE RESULTANT D'UN SURVOL (OVER-FLY RESULTING IN EMPATHY)



At 2.30 pm two days ago, beautiful sunny day, I walk back to work and as I stand at the door of the Cancer Hospital, a military fighterplane screams by at a surprisingly low altitude. The sound is terrifying, the entire world shakes, and I imagine the feeling of being at the other end of that plane, blown up to pieces by a megaton bomb.

Then I imagine the use of such force to kill children...
I can't help but picture flies on the ground being swatted by a huge, powerful hand and reduced to a paste.

And my body shakes uncontrollably as a wave of fear slaps my being.
(Pic: Soaring, A. Wyeth)

counter customizable free hit

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudine said...

Beyond horror, I thought of that throughout that war. I hoped and prayed that everyone in Qana and elsewhere died on the spot, I hoped and prayed that no child was wailing in the dark under tons of stones for his dead ma's support. The thought kills me a million deaths :s ... beyond horror ...

13:14  
Blogger Ostfen said...

I know exactly what you felt... I felt that EXACT same horror after that experience.

19:41  
Blogger Avloomat said...

my aunt was just diagnosed with cervical cancer...

however, i cant imagine how u might feel. i wouldnt be able to fill in your shoes mate...

take care now.

04:16  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think about it every time i see an airplane.

15:48  
Blogger Ostfen said...

Iwan, I hope your aunt recovers soon, cervical cancer is not a good thing either.
Mirvat, I hope you don't see many then:)

11:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home